Wednesday, July 09, 2008

Geocaching - Our first find!

Geocaching. You pronounce it Geo-cashing, like cashing a check.
Have you heard of it? I have thanks to a few friends, Wanda and Tanna. At first I thought that they were just hiding treasures for their kids and having them find them using GPS coordinates. But later I found out it is a worldwide adventure, and there are even caches hidden in our area.
So this evening I convinced Dean that we should try to find our first treasure. It was a lot of fun! It was in a local park that we have been to many times, but who knew there was a hidden treasure there? Certainly not me.
To find fun caches in your area, log on to Geocaching.com and search for treasures in your area! It's fun and most of all FREE! :)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I see Andrew is not the only one that got hooked by Mike and Tanna's influence. Good for you. Happy Treasure Hunting!

Sara Mae said...

Yep-maybe Andrew and I will have to get together for a treasure hunt sometime. Maybe we could meet halfway somewhere for a little day trip? Last night it would have been helpful to have someone a little smaller to crawl in the bushes to find the treasure!:)

Garden Girl said...

So glad you found it fun! I really like the multi-caches. We've never done a micro one. I've heard they are hard!